[at-l] compression bags

At 01:31 PM 9/8/02 -0400, Jim Stewart wrote:

>Any suggestions?  What are ya'll doing for compressing sleeping bags?  I
>know the down bags will compress more than the synthetic, but - well, I
>can't put another sleeping bag in the budget...

Try hard to stretch that budget.  Did you read the tag that came
with your bag any storage instructions?  I bet it said o store it loose
to avoid compaction.  Down Bags say that too but it's much more of
an issue with synthetics.  They don't have the resilience that down has
so we cinch them up tight and squish out what loft they have.

If you ares stuck with the syn, sit on it, put it in the bottom and let the
weight of the rest of the stuff compress it.  A compression rig will
just turn it into a hard lump that you have to pack around  (and add
weight to boot)  You already have a hard lump in your pack (the
food).  Why add another?

BTW...How much does your bag weigh and what is it rated for?