[at-l] Bryson's Book

--

I am one of those newbies on the list, read the book earlier this year, and=
 had no idea it was this controversial.  It was the first AT book I read, o=
nly because a friend lent it to me.  SimpIy, I was expecting a true S to N =
thru hiking book and was disappointed when I found out that it was not.  Ho=
wever, it was a quick read and certainly made me laugh.  The longer distanc=
es I hike, the more I can relate to Katz "pitching" items from his pack....=
.which I found hilarious.  So, at this point in my hiking career and seeing=
 that I am only in planning stages right now of a thru-hike, I will read on=