[at-l] compression bags

Evaporation is a cooling event. If the source of the heat is you, you
will cool. If there is enough of a temperature drop, this heat sink can
result in bad things happening to anyone. If you are lucky to get just
a quick splash of runoff water in your tent and sleeping bag, most
sleeping bag shells are resistant to water infiltration. I suspect that
your experience would have been similar with any good quality down or
synthetic bag, and much less comfortable if the temps had been closer
to freezing.

Bill...