[at-l] Bryson's Book

--
At 09:50 PM 9/8/2002 -0400, Bryan Brown wrote:

>But what about those of us that have just joined the list and are just now
>learning about the AT.

Good point, there.

There are a number of "hot button" issues that come
around regularly on this list and seem to bring out... well,
not the most polite or erudite conversations, shall we say.

Bryson's book is one of these issues.  My suggestion --
read it, but read others as well, along with all the journals
you can find by thru-hikers and thru-hiker wannabes.
The ATC, the web, and your local library all have plenty
of excellent material for anyone who truly wants to learn
about the AT experience.

I don't accept that Bryson's book is "dishonest."  But I
will admit that is simply one man's take on the subject,
and certainly not the final word.

rafe b.
aka terrapin
--