[at-l] Bryson's Book

Bryan Banes wrote:

<<But what about those of us that have just joined the list and are just now
learning about the AT.>>

Aye, from the post of a List Newbie....

We had debated this book ad nauseam on TP and most recently on this list to
the point of absurdity.  But, you are right.  There are those that were not
list members on either site when this was taking place and are only now
hearing some of the regurgitation.

So, along with a fresh bag of smashmellers for those new on the list - who
wants to give a summary of the general feelings about the book?

By the way, I read the book and actually enjoyed it.  I had already started
doing section hikes on the AT so I took it with a grain of salt.  While as I
did not like the generalization of us good southern folks - some of whom the
book talked about I know - I still thought it was overall a good yarn.

WhoAh