[at-l] compression bags

--
At 01:31 PM 9/8/2002 -0400, WhoAh wrote:

>Any suggestions?  What are ya'll doing for compressing sleeping bags?  I
>know the down bags will compress more than the synthetic, but - well, I
>can't put another sleeping bag in the budget...

I think you ought to take OB's advice and reconsider
down sleeping bags.  They needn't cost all that much,
and if you're concerned about "going light" there isn't
really much to argue about.

True, down bags are useless when wet.  Also true: it's
no problem at all to keep them dry; use a trash bag as
a liner in the stuff sack.  This is one place where it's
kinda foolish to skimp on expenses.  Check out Campmor
for good deals.  A simple bag with 1.5 lbs of down
should do just fine for a typical through-hike.

rafe b.
aka terrapin
--

---