[at-l] Gatlinburg parking question

Hmmm, well as you probably already know this area is tourist central, so
parking itself might be kinda hard, although I do have a few suggestions.

1.  Check with the local authorities, they would surely know a safe place to
park.

2.  Check with some of the local outfitters or local guides, they may let
you park in their parking lot.

3. There is a hotel that I stayed at that was relatively inexpensive just
after you come into town from Newfound Gap located to the left on the left
just after you pass over the bridge.  They may let you stay due to the fact
that tourism tends to drop as we head into the school year.

Otherwise maybe check about parking at Mountain Mama's or Fontana Dam and
adjusting your trip a little.
__

Todd "M&M" Ricker
GA>ME AT99

ICQ: 24455973
AOL/AIM: MMATGA2ME99

WIN A FREE COPY OF DeLORME TOPO USA 4.0  More details at
www.trail-life.com/contest.htm

To open soon ... www.trail-life.com  Home of the Long Distance Backpacker
and America's National Scenic Trails.  Discussion forums, online guides,
journals, articles, stories, trail info, and trail news.  Please feel free
to leave suggestions or comments.