[at-l] Bryson's Book

 "...Don't berate him for what he doesn't know about the AT or
 thruhiking.  And about the canceling of his speaking engagement because of
 the "boo-ERs? Well, who wants that? Why should he have to defend his
 experiences?  I think it would have been a hoot to get more detail out
of him."
 says Kelly

"...Kelly, are you sure you aren't just believing rumors? Do you know that
there was some sort of mass protest planned?"
says Ron Martino

There was a protest planned. (but not a mass protest)  I know because I
was there when the planners (2 or 3 of them, all women, as I remember)
announced their intentions to protest in the auditorium.  They said this
aloud so everyone would know that they would not let Bryson speak.
 There was maybe 100 other people there when this happened.  It was
censorship at its worst.  We should never let this happen again at
ALDHA.  (unless its anti-American poetry, that much I am against)

Panzer