[at-l] compression bags

I've been using a light nylon stuff sack for my synthetic sleeping bag, and
have been using a pack with the lower compartment for storing it.  Looking
at down the road going with a lighter pack with less room has got me looking
at compression bags to squish things down.  I also use the nylon stuff sack
as a pillow and put whatever clothes I'm not wearing (well, not the really
stinky stuff....) into it.

I am looking at the Compression Caps at Camphor but am a little put off by
the 6.5 oz weight.  REI has the Silcoat compression bags at around 4 oz.,
but they are $30 - 35 bucks, which is a little steep.

Any suggestions?  What are ya'll doing for compressing sleeping bags?  I
know the down bags will compress more than the synthetic, but - well, I
can't put another sleeping bag in the budget...

Thanks.

WhoAh