[at-l] food safety question

At 10:33 AM 9/6/2002 -0500, TJ wrote:

>>here's another food "safety" question.
>>
>>recently, someone meantioned bringing a frozen steak with you for the first
>>night.>
>>That sounds like a wonderful idea.  But, what about all the creatures that
>>will come to check out the smell, as that smoke finds it's way into the
>>trees?   Wouldn't a bear just love that smell?

I used to bring a steak sometimes in the winter, but it took so long to
cook it that I gave up that practice.  Now, I will bring a hot dog
instead.  It cooks on the campfire muck quicker or you can boil it in
your pot.  Just bring some of those small packets of ketchup/mustard and
a roll.  If you elect to boil, you can steam your roll on top of the
pot.  But I would only do this in the winter.  And I don't worry about
what the bears will think about the smell.

Panzer.