[at-l] Cna not find a light Backpack that fits correctly

Tom
I wonder what you think you would have to do without to get your pack down
to less than twenty pounds. ' Most' sections of the Trail you can resupply
every three to four days.  I go for 4 days with 13 lbs using the GoLite
Breeze pack with my own custom made hipbelt.  I do not cook as hot meals are
town meals if I want one.  I carry a small (2 c) aluminum pan and a few
esbit tabs for emergency water heating. The total weight of my stuff from
late spring to late summer is no more than 15 lbs with 5 days' food and 1
1/2 ltr water.  In winter I expect 2-3 lb more with balaclava, gloves, more
wool socks, long pants and Polartec 300 jacket.  I carry a 2 person tent
with Typar ground pad.   There is nothing I want so much that I'd be willing
to carry a lot of extra weight with its associated discomfort. I am sold on
ultralight.  There is nothing I do without that I used to carry in my 6 lb
pack, items are just smaller and lighter.  I must admit, I never did carry
anything that did not have a REAL purpose.  I am not a 'big meal' person
preferring high calorie, fast carbs when hiking, such as raisins, potato
chips, bagels and candy bars.  Nuts, tuna, dried beef, jerky, are my
proteins. I do not like mac & cheese or most dehydrated foods.  Ramen
noodles are good crunching right out of the package but will dehydrate you
if you do not drink lots of water.  Cooked Ramen is wonderful wonderful and
can be done in my small pot.
For me, if my pack is too heavy ( I used to carry 30-36 lb.) I could not do
it anymore.  I can run up hills when, before, I was dragging my butt &
sweating it.  Good luck with your selections, it is a personal choice. If
you are interested in my gear list and food list please respond.
SLIM

of the lighter equipment would not keep me on the trail.  I