[at-l] The Mt Lafayette 360 Cam (was Backwoods Cams)

Here's a link to a new flash animation page that I've put up. It should take
a minute or so to load over a 56k connection. I feel there's a future in the
format, and intend to create more of these as circumstances allow.

http://www.geocities.com/blisterfree/flash/lafayette360.html

And no, this isn't exactly a backwoods web cam. I packed my camera out when
I was done.

Here's an excerpt from the info page:

The idea for a "360 cam" (affording a 360 degree view) was born one
beautiful August day in 2002, atop Mount Lafayette, a 5,249 foot mountain in
New Hampshire. Equipped with a digital camera, and wanting to preserve the
memorable scene in all its glory, I started taking horizontally continuous
shots in order to later stitch together a panoramic image file on the
computer. Then it occurred to me that I might be able to create something of
a "VR" production that would include the mountaintop's entire 360 degree
view. I spun myself fully around, to the amusement of those present,
clicking as I went, and landed 12 images for future experimentation.

Have fun, and feel free to send e-mail to blisterfree@yahoo.com with any
problems or suggestions (regarding the program).

- blisterfree

"It may be true that my desk here is really 'nothing but' a transient eddy
of electrons in the flux of universal process. Nevertheless, I find that it
continues to support my feet, my revolver, and my cigars all day long. What
happens when my back is turned I don't know. Or much care. That's no concern
of mine."  - Edward Abbey