[at-l] North of Hot Springs

Over the past two years, my hiking partner and I have section hiked from
Amicalola SP to Hot Springs on various weekend (and long weekend) outings.  We
are planning on another trip this weekend on the 35 mile stretch between Hot
Springs and Devil Fork Gap (NC 212).  Anyone on the list have any recent . . .
or not so recent . . . recollections or thoughts about this section of the
trail?  Trail conditions?  Water?  Views?  We are considering hiking North to
South instead of our usual South to North because Hot Springs is such a great
place to end up.  As a bonus, it appears that heading that direction results
in more elevation drop than gain.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tripp