[at-l] The "Sugar Shack" on Sugarloaf in Maine

the trail is well marked to the "sugar shack." i was just there a couple
months ago, so nothing should have changed since then :).

it was unlocked when i was there and my guidebook says it is open
year round.

 keep in mind...there is NO water up there, so pack some up. there was a
 box spring on the left side of the side trail that takes you up there
 that had nice water when i went through. there is also a microwave and
 toaster at the top (we took popcorn and it was a wonderful treat).

the ski lifts are not open this time of year...

the sugar shack itself is very large and i cannot imagine it filling
with people. it is a warming hut for the ski patrol and has plenty
of room. it is not that nice in and of itself but the view is
fabulous on a clear day. if nothing else, just take lunch up there
and take in the view.

it is FREE...

i think i answered all your questions....hope this helps.

-treelady