[at-l] Wayah Bald

I am in the midst of planning my walkabout this Fall from Deep Creek up to
NOC, and was looking at a stretch from Rock Gap Shelter up to Wayah Bald.
Looks to be about a 14.3 mile pull.

My question(s) - for those that have done this area - is that do-able for a
guy in "fair" backpacking shape (i.e.: an old man that at least walks a fair
amount)?  And is there any good tent camping on Wayah Bald?  I will be doing
this solo, so I just need enough room for my 'Zoid. Originally I was
planning on stopping at Siler Bald Shelter but that is only an 8 mile day.
I'm not trying to do any forced marches, just trying to get a little mileage
under my belt.

Or if you know of any good spots between Siler Bald and Wayah Bald that
would be a good stopping spot (water, camping room) please suggest those.

Thoughts?

WhoAh