[at-l] Tikka vs. Aurora Headlamps

SNIP

I don't seem to miss the pivoting feature with the Petzl Tikka.
The Tikka has served me very well so far and seems to be very
efficient with battery use -- I still haven't replaced the first set
of batteries.
<<

AAA batteries are very sensitive to cold, which reduces their useful life in
winter-- noticeably.

In the summer, my Tikka is my light of choice.

I have used a AA incandescent-bulb headlamp for the winter for some time
now, but am considering switching to Black Diamond led headlamp for cold
weather -- as the batteries are in the back and can be worn under your had
reducing the impact of the cold.

Has anyone used a Black Diamond led headlamp in very cold weather?  How do
the batteries under the hat work?

BTW -- I, too, keep a Photon light as a backup.

Chainsaw