[at-l] Alcohol Stoves, Winter Shelter covering

Here's a link to a page which has virtually ALL the homemade alcohol stove
plans:

http://wings.interfree.it/index.html

Of course, I recommend my father's "Cat Stove"

I also have some experience with winter on the AT. I found that perhaps 10%
of shelters had a tarp of some kind available to cover the open wall.
Keeping out blowing snow was the chief benefit. Wind second. Temperature a
distant third. A winter bag is essential, but if every time you roll over
during the night you lie on and melt some more snow into your bag, the 14
hour nights will seem even longer.

Flyin' Brian
Calendar Triple Crown '01

P.S. See you all at the Gathering!