[at-l] Nice warmup day hike from Gorham

In about a week I'll be off to Gorham NH for the AT section from there to
Caratunk.  My daughter and I will arrive a day early and would like to do a
nice warm-up day hike from Gorham - something in this north-west section of
the Whites.  We will stay at Hiker's Paradise and I'm sure we could get
shuttled to any place reasonably close.

Any suggestion?  Something nice but not too tiring (no moonlight
Presidential traverses for example <-: ).

Would  Valley Way to Madison and back be too much?  Airline to Adams?

Maybe I should set my sights below treeline.

Anyone's favorite hike in this area?

Thanks
Pb