[at-l] Mass to Harpers Ferry--weather in march??

--
In a message dated 8/29/02 11:18:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
beccalane@hotmail.com writes:

> . does anyone know what the weather is like for the
> section i am missing in march and april? when would be the best time i
> can do this (realizing that now is not possible)?

I would guess most years Mt. Greylock to the Sages Ravine area would have
snow cover in March but be very hikeable by the end of April. In 1999 left
Duncannon on April 4 and hiked north to North Adams. It was very nice hiking
with freezing tempatures several nights. The State Parks that have hand pumps
had not put them back yet as they didn't want them to freeze and break. There
were practically no other hikers but most of the "in season" hiker facilities
and services offered along the Trail were not available.

The Old RidgRunner