[at-l] slow hike (8/28/02)

i am planning a slow hike from springer to fontana, in the spring.  people =
have emailed with suggestions for start dates from early march to late apri=
l.  so, i have some ideas.  before i start that, i received an email asking=
 how much i was charging for this<g>.  hey, i just want to hike, and would =
like some company, and i have this anal thing for planning, so this is not =
a business deal, this is a happiness deal.  you all can come and bask in my=
 joyful glow<g>...

i would like to hike from springer to fontana.  this is my favorite section=
 of the trail.  and, i would also like to hike into trail days.  this is a =
nifty thing to do.  and i would like to consume up to three months.  so:

sunday march 9 2003 - springer to fontana - 20 days (arriving friday march =
29 2003) - average of 8.3 miles per day...

then, what the hell, i'll go back and start all over again with the goal of=
 hiking into trail days. so:

same hike as above leaving sunday march 31 2003 and ending friday april 18,=
 2003...

then a quick trip to hot springs for trail fest, then:

leave fontana on sunday april 20 2003 and arrive in damascus 27 days later =
on thursday may 15 2003.  this is an average of 11.4 miles per day...

traildays is that friday and saturday...

i am setting up groups within my email program to speak directly with inter=
ested people.  let me know of your interest, and also give me your feedback=

these hikes are planned to be full backpacking experiences.  there are rest=
rictions:  no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, no animals, no firearms, no ch=
ildren.  you are welcome to have any of these items on the trail with you, =
just not if you plan on hiking with me<g>...

these "slow" hiking experiences would be perfect for people that are "journ=
ey" oriented, rather than "goal" oriented.  beginning your thru-hike in thi=
s manner would be great.  it would get your body, mind and soul properly co=
nditioned.  novices - this would be perfect.  old guys (like me) - perfect.=
..

and you can join for a few days, or a week, or for whatever amount of time =
you have...

pittsburgh

This mobile e-mail sent by PocketMail.
PocketMail handheld devices available