Polartec wasRe: [at-l] Wet T-shirt contest results,,,,finally

At 09:20 AM 8/27/02 -0400, Raphael Bustin wrote:
>--
>But you lose me a bit here.  I would think that the wool or fleece over
>the (wet) cotton would inhibit evaporation, after which the wet cotton
>would quickly approach body temperature.

I can't speak about wool, but I have a fleece jacket, mid weight, fro,
Malden Mills (great stuff) that I put on and a fleece blanket (actually
just a big piece of light weight fleece I bought at Wallmart) that I've
used to try stop the shivers.  Some help but definitely better to
take the shirt off first.  BTW...the Wallmart fleece that I bought...
well....it suxs.  It was probably made for babies blankets as it
came in cream and pink and blue.  I guess it would be OK for
that purpose if the diaper holds tight but it absorbs water
much more than the Malden Mills stuff.

It's a shame what has happened to that company.  I'm gonna
look around and see if there is any of it's polartec still around
before i can't get it anymore.  Their brand name is polartec,
isn't it?  Anyone know where they handle it on the net?