[at-l] Dude, The Rash

Howdy AT-L,
    I've been lurkin' around for quite a while and I thought I would drop in
from hyperspace back into cyberspace and get some advice. A recent
conversation on the List (you know which one I'm talkin' about) reminded me
of something. You see, like the List, I've got this problem....
    You know: summer hiking, you're hot, sweaty and dirty...and it burns.
Dude, I mean it BURNS. The topic comes up every summer on the list and I've
probably missed the recent discussion, but what I'm interested in is what
kind of underwear (brandnames, material, etc.) do you use? I use medicated
powder before I hit the trail and when I'm about to crawl into the bivy. It
works, but what's your strategic preemptive strike for preventing that most
embarrassing and debilitating of trail maladies?

                                            Dude, Pass The Gorp
                                                    Jabberwocky
                                                         GA->VA '96