[at-l] Re: help me with my gear list - please

The more important, underlying issue is simply one of cumulative impacts
[one of those great legal phrases from a number of env. laws, but common
sense is the best definition.]  Since the AT gets a ton of use,
cumulative soap impacts, just like cumulative camping, fire-setting,
trash dumping, hiking pole stabbing, boot scuffing, - you name it - can
cause major problems for an ecosystem . . . however, once you are
sensitive to such, you can make pretty good judgments re where to use
soap and not use it . . . I still like to take a smidge of good old Dr.
Bronners peppermint castile soap with me . . .

thru-thinker