[at-l] Re: help me with my gear list - please

In most cases, you are right about the compass. The maps are not of
sufficient size for the compass to help as if you were orienteering.
However, a compass can be helpful to avoid 180 degree errors when
starting each day, or returning from a call of Nature. Plus, the mirror
is excellent for signalling if lost or injured.

Bill...