[at-l] Wheelchair Access to Huts

> --
> nope if I wanted to and I might just do it since I hate the group that has
> the shelters I can sue on behalf of every person in the united states of
> America for violation of the Americans with disability act. and they will
> be forced to rebuild every shelter and make them handicapped accessible. I
> am the state coordinator and regional coordinator for the ada in
> the area i
> live and Ic an go into any place in the united states and cite them into
> court for not being complaint with the ada and I might just do that.

There currently aren't any officially approved ADA rules for backcountry
use. There was a committee that met for several years hammering out what the
rules should be and the final result was mostly reasonable in that you
didn't have to comply with all the front country rules under very specific
restrictions. Galehead would have met the restrictions for non-compliance.
However the rules are stuck in OMB at last report. The USFS has tentatively
adopted the new rules even without OMB approval.

For more information see http://www.nynjtc.org/issues/ada_trails.html, but
this does not include the OMB and USFS info above.