[at-l] Speaking of southern culture.

At 01:42 PM 08/21/2002 -0400, Charles Copeland wrote:
>I still wave at people out of habit.  Not a big wave but a few fingers
>lifted off the steering wheel - more of an acknowledgement that a wave
>really.  Every time I do that my wife or my sons ask "Did you know him? ..
>or her.   Usually the answer is "no" and is followed by "Then why did you
>wave?".

Around here (NNY) people wave to one another all the time, at least in the
small towns and rural areas.  I'm always waving back to some other driver
and my wife asks if I know who that was.  "No", I answer, "do you?".  She
doesn't.  They were just being friendly.  One of the reasons I like the
country better'n the city.  Just one of many reasons.

sAunTerer