[at-l] RE: black bear attack in NY

On Tuesday, August 20, 2002, at 10:43 PM, Shane Steinkamp wrote:
> I agree with your last sentence.  I have no idea why the
> woman ushered her other children off the porch but left the
> infant.  She bears a responsibility for what happened too.
> On my darker days, I'd say that she should share the same
> fate as the bear, but today isn't one of my darker days...

It's not like she left the kid out there for hours.  She ran the
toddlers inside and went back for the baby, but it was too late.
I don't know about you, but I only have two hands.  How
do you choose which two to take inside first?  It's not a choice
I ever want to have to make.  I hope you don't  have to either.

I feel for the family, and also the (now deceased) bear.

-amy