[at-l] RE: black bear attack in NY

> I would think so! I've seen hundreds of coyotes.  In the
> south, they are considered predators and are ALWAYS a target
> of opportunity.   I've never known one to wander up to a human
> and beg food.   That would be interesting to see.

Out West, I often had coyotes in my camp.  I never fed them, and they never
bothered me.  I actually felt safer with them there.  In the last hundred
years there has only been one recorded coyote attack on a human - it just
isn't in their nature.  Wolves, on the other hand, are a different animal
entirely...

Shane