[at-l] RE: black bear attack in NY

> the food.  Instead of food, they get a face full of spray.  This method
has
> been fairly effective at 'educating' the animals to stay away from
> campsites.

I would think so!     I've seen hundreds of coyotes.  In the south, they are
considered predators and are ALWAYS a target of opportunity.   I've never
known one to wander up to a human and beg food.   That would be interesting
to see.

I was hunting one morning, last year.  We apparently have a few packs of
them on our property.  I had one pack behind me, and, another pack in front
of me.  Each about a 1/4 mile away.  They were howling back and forth.  Cool
sound.    I also had one chase a 6 point buck out of the woods, right in
front of me.  If I hadn't been so surprised by that deer 10 ft away, that
HUGE coyote would have been history.  I tracked him later.  His paws were as
big as my foot is wide.

t.