From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Linda Benschop
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 8:39 AM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Comments

OB wrote...."You know, I'll be that every one has had good and bad
experiences with just
about everyone else on this list and the real world, at one time or
another."

Yup.....
Yes, and they do not belong on the list.  One time I sent a very HOT
letter
to a list (not this one, thankfully) to  husband when we were dating. It
was
SO embarrassing and I sure did get quite a reaction on the list.  I have
also gotten packages mixed up.  Once someone in California ordered 9 of
my
dh's CD's and I accidentally sent them to my son on his birthday and
sent a
nice outfit to the producer in California.  Luckily most of my family
members laugh at this behavior now.

So please remember my brain damage, friends.  OB, you understand that
temporal and parietal lobe stuff, right?  It is very hard having an
"invisible disability" and trying to be "normal" whatever that is.  The
wonderful thing about being with hikers is that I do not usually feel
that
separation I do with "non-hikers".  Almost all of them make me feel
accepted.  Perhaps I expect too much.  I know I am far too sensitive and
small "slight" may send me on a week long funk complete with several
days of
tears.  Still working on who I am now, after brain surgery....and
grieving
the losses of who I "used to be".

I need to get out and hike more.
Hummingbird