[at-l] gear lust - satiated

OK. I did it. A touch of gear lust has been relieved. I'll be getting Henry=
 Shires Virga tarp-tent in time, but since he couldn't have any ready befor=
e I left for the AT I'll put that off for a little while. However, the desi=
re for gear was upon me and Hennessy Hammocks still has a few Expedition Ha=
mmocks (OK, they're heavier than their Ultralights, at 39oz instead of 24 o=
r 30) for around $89. I'll use it on the AT this August. Have to practice t=
ieing those figure-8 knots now. One of my worst skills. Now I also have to =
decide what sleeping stuff to take. Given summer weather in PA lows will pr=
obably not get below 50*F (more likley, I imagine 55, though if it's like w=
eather here I bet their lows are warmer than that this year). So what sleep=
ing bag do I take? Not the Arc Alpinist - too warm. The BCB might be too wa=
rm. The Iroquois would be warm too.

I don't actually have a "summer" bag. And why does it seem like all the sum=
mer bag weigh so much? I do have my silk liner. That actually might be enou=
gh. Anyone know?

Ah decisions of a backpacker.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **