[at-l] AT Survivor

>What is the ony item/luxury item that you don't think you
>could do without on a hike? And add why if you want to.
>On-topic, and a little fun for the dog days of summer.

Light-weight binoculars.  Why?  Because some of those little tweeters are as
beautiful as tropical fish if you look closely enough.  I will also admit to
an added benefit-- with binoculars in hand, I can stop and look up in the
trees and without revealing to my hiking partner that I am doing so because
I am winded, and having to admit to myself that my days of being an
uber-hiker are over.  ;-)

Rick B