[at-l] Energy boosters

--
At 11:23 PM 8/15/2002 -0400, Blakc&blue wrote:

[re: favorite trail candy bar]

>Mrs Gorp and I had this discussion in March while hiking down in GA.  She's
>not on the list currently but her's is Payday.  Mine is Butterfingers.  And
>everybody knows that Flyin' Brian's is Snickers.

Snickers is/was the long-time favorite, albeit a bit dated,
perhaps.  I had several on the section hike I just finished.

Those within range of a good kosher deli should check
out Halvah.  I won't try to describe it.  You just gotta try it
for yourself.  It is the ultimate trail snack -- sweet and
chock-full of fat and protein.

Conga bars are pretty good, too, though I guess these
would have to be home-made.  Eg:

<http://www.recipesource.com/desserts/cookies/bars/02/rec0204.html>

I grabbed a couple from our company cafeteria before
I left for my hike... the two bars lasted for several days.

rafe b.
aka terrapin
--

---