[at-l] Re: Mouldering Privie [sic]

Here's a link to more than anyone should ever want to know about
moldering privies:

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/protect/steward/sanman.html

It is the ATC and Green Mountain Club's backcountry sanitation
manual.  Actually I found it interesting reading.  And, from what I
saw, it looks to me like a moldering and a composting privy are the
same thing.  Though, at the heavier used sites where caretakers
were on duty the privies are more complicated affairs ... so maybe
there is a difference.  Check the manual!

There are a lot of them on the upper 170 miles of the Long Trail,
and every one was pleasant to use.  The ones supplied with wood
chips (rather than the 'grab a handful of leaves to toss in after use'
variety) were the best.

Better living without artificial chemicals.

Concordia, LT '02