[at-l] Thruhikers on Katahdin 8/11

--
 Just in case you think I only post 'bad news' :O)
 Saturday night I spent hours at the campfire at the Birches. What a treat to
listen to tales, plans, hopes and dreams of hikers at the end of the trail.
On Sunday I climbed Katahdin with Sir Barry, The Princes of the Universe,
BeerMan,  PACE, and IATer Twisted Sister Two (who had her sister, Twisted
Sister One in tow).  I couldn't keep up with them! A wonderful, hazy, lazy
day on the mountain. Soft wind, flowers all in bloom, 85 degrees at noon,
only 12 people at the summit during the 90 minutes I spent there. Drank deep
from the bottle well at Thoreau Spring twice. Sweetest spring water I know
of, but a damn tough walk to get at :O)
TJ the sore legged