[at-l] Back from a first real hike

I'd like the trip report, isn't England just the far eastern branch of the IAT?

Re #1, a single Vit I probably did little good or bad beyond helping you
get started for the day. I doubt it contributed to #3, as weight and
continuous use over 250+ miles probably were more important contributing
factors. Sometimes you can allow a weak/injured joint to recover with
decreased mileage and weight, but rest is often the better strategy.

#2, your feet create a pint of sweat daily. Hence, a great deal of wetness
in boots has to do with the activity and not just the weather. If you are
in a high humidity environment, the Gortex won't help sweat evaporate out
and the waterproofing is unlikely to help matters. If the waterproofing
makes egress of sweat more difficult, then the waterproofing isn't worth
the bother. Hence, I'd spend more time drying out boots whenever possible
than attempting to waterproof. Do you use gaitors?

OrangeBug