[at-l] Back from a first real hike

My personal preference is to use the ibuprofen as needed at night before
bed.  If it hurts to much to ignore or work-a-round then I should be backing
off or quitting.  A good nights sleep allows a rational evaluation of pain
levels and sources.

For most of us over the counter pain meds, taken within label directions,
there will be no problems.

Black Wolfe

It is not a really good habit for very long peiods of time.  One should
realize that a physican may actually order double the normal dosage for
particular problems.  Essentially the liver breaks down vitamin I and sends
it to the kidneys.  Both of these organs can be damaged by vitamin I over a
long period of time and at high dosages.  I would guess that a couple of
ibuprofen in the morning is not going to hurt.  My suggestion is to discuss
the usage with your doctor the next time that you see him.  Old fuddies like
myself tend to take a lot of Vitamin I without any serious problems, but
everyonce in awhile someone dies from the side effects (does anyone read the
warning labels on over the counter drugs?)

Grey Owl
> 1) I got into the habit of taking an ibuprofen tablet every morning before
hiking which helped ease stiff muscles.  Is this a bad habit?  My thought is
that if something really hurts so that I shouldn't be walking on it, the
ibuprofen won't mask it.  Any thoughts?