[at-l] Scouting and can stoves (was Pepsi can alcohol stoves for sale)

Personally, I wouldn't ever require a Fieldbook - but - given that it was
JLT and not a "normal" backpacking trip, there might have been a reason for
it.  The Fieldbook is an excellent reference but very heavy.

The Scoutmaster works for the Troop Committee.  If anyone has a problem with
their Scoutmaster they should take it to their Committee Chairman so that
any problems reported would (or should) be discussed by the Committee Chair
with the Scoutmaster.

Scouting, like any other volunteer organization, is not perfect nor are the
volunteers perfect.  If you don't like the Scoutmaster and there appears to
be nothing being done about problems with a Scoutmaster, find another Troop.
If the Scoutmaster is still in the "dark ages" about things -and he won't
listen to you- then find another Troop.

Also, boys choose Troops based on a visit or two or based on going where a
friend is.  Its not until *after* the boy joins that he realizes that that
Troop is not for him.  It takes a lot of will power to switch Troops - but
its done all the time.

If you move into the Roswell/Alpharetta area - come join my Troop.  We meet
on Monday evenings at 7:30 and we camp every month of the year.  We are
backpacking on the Jacks River in the Cohutta Wilderness this weekend with
24 river crossings and a really nice waterfall!

Charles