[at-l] Steven Mercer 2003 hike postponed for a few years

I heard from Steven Mercer, a former at-l lister and learned that he has
changed plans, not only for his 2003 AT trip but also for everything he
does in the next few years.  He felt a pretty strong call to join the
Marines and was accepted and sworn in last week.  He reports for
training in early November and has thus postponed his AT hike and
college.  To quote Steven's take on it, "The way I figure it, though is
this is nothing more than extended training for a future thru hike, eh?"

Steven asked me to share this with the group as he is not able to
participate.  I wished him luck and thanks for serving all of us in the
Marines.  If you knew Steven and want to do the same his email address
is defcon_one_uh_oh at hotmail.com.