[at-l] Four years ago...

Teresa French wrote:

> > Four years ago tonight Pokey and I were settled in at
> > Antlers Campsite. Mosquitos drove us into our tent...where
> > we watched a huge, nearly full moon rise over pine tree
> > silhouettes...loons were laffing and geese were honking.
> > There's was never a time life was better...I suppose.
>
> I think you should put these memories onto paper and into a book.  Soon.
> You know, you're not getting any younger, Felix, and with that rashish thing
> on your arm not gettin' any better, who knows how long you'll have use of
> that arm...

You mean like a scrapbook? Where you tape stuff onto construction paper and then
tie the edges together with yarn? And, on the cover I'd write something like
"Scraps from my Thru-hike" in blue Crayon. Yeah, that's what I need to do. Then,
I could sit it on the coffee table and folx could look at it when they stop by
to sit a spell. But, now that I think about it, I don't have a coffee table. I'd
have to go buy one to match the couch that I don't have. You know the light blue
couch with darker blue purfled around? The one that would look nice against the
wall if I painted the wall a color that that blue would look nice against? If I
had that couch, with a coffee table that matches it, sitting next to that wall
that needs to be painted to match it...folx could sit and look at that scrapbook
I don't have....

> But you don't have to listen to me.  I'm just a beer-swilling,
> back-stabbing, softball-player.  Take everything I say with a grain of salt
> (a shot of tequila and a lime).

Hmmm, that sounds like a drink I drank one time when I was travelling down
Mexico-way. I can't remember the name of the town, or the drink, but the woman
who served it to me was painting her wall to match the couch. Her name was
Margarita...and, I loved her. I hated the drink, though.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98