[at-l] What I forgot (so far)

At 10:09 PM 8/8/02 -0400, DTimm65344@aol.com wrote:
>--
>In a message dated 08/08/02 10:04:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>icw39@ncfreedom.net writes:
>

> > freedom is the recognition of necessity - or something like that! :) wonder
> > how all us hikers survived getting picked up before cell phones! :)
> >

>We used multiple cars, hitchhiked, walked a bunch more, sat around waiting
>for predetermined pickups, lots of options.  In short, we hiked our own
>hikes, as we still do, only some of us do it differently now.  :)

And may I add, more safely, if a phone removes the necessity for a  woman to
get into a car with a stranger.   My momma taught me it wasn't safe to
hitch hike.  We tend to gloss over that lesson sometimes.

When I announced that I had purchased a cell phone for emergencies, someone
said "Just wait....it won't take long before you join the cell phone
zombies and
have that phone at your ear allll the time."  I bought the phone post
9/11...meebee
NOV/DEC.  It came with 210 minutes.  I have 186 minutes left.  I have used it
to check on my Mom, tell Mike I wasn't coming home for an extra  day, change
a pick up time, call a tow truck and to pre order pizza so it would be
ready when
I got there <g>.  A cell phone is just a tool.... an IMHO, a pretty useful
tool at that.

It can enhance or deter your trail experience....it's all up to how you use it.