From: Susan Davis [mailto:futabachan@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 8:01 PM
To: icw39@ncfreedom.net
Cc: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [at-l] What I forgot (so far)

> Well, here is my 2 cents: if you are not "camera-committed," ditch
> the Advantix film and go with a lightweight pocket camera that takes
> 35 mm film,

Heh.  I work for Kodak, and have been asked to bring back lots
of photos, both from curious coworkers and for our QA department
(I'm on the team implementing Perfect Touch processing for one-hour
photo labs).

> include smaller doses of film in your food drops, buy it as
> you go, etc.

I'm not planning any drops, since this is a short hike and I'm
unsure of my pace.  And I get my film (and processing) free as
a job perk, so I'd rather not pay for it elsewhere....

> I also would ditch the frying pan - what do you really plan to fry?

I don't -- it's the lid for the cookpot.  The combination weighs
about the same as competing cookpots with lids, and I need a lid
to trap in the heat.  And I do have a couple of two-pot recipes,
though I won't be using any on this trip.

> Cell phone will work up high in some places - for instance, I used
> one once on top of Clingman's Dome . . . BUT, for this length of a
> trip during this time of year, you REALLY do not need it.

Yes, I do, to let my shuttle (Miss Janet) know where and when to
fetch me.

=====
Susan Davis <futabachan@yahoo.com>