[at-l] Aladin's bowels...

One of the funniest things that happened to Cake and me this
past weekend involved a little jaunt to the 'EDR' (employee
dinning room) of the Aladin for some catered grub. After a
long, confusing walk to find the place, we ate a fine
meal...even if it was about an hour after eating another,
far more expensive meal. While we were eating, Cake notices
a sign on the beverage machine. The sign read: "For cold
beverages, add ice." (?)  After eating, and while attempting
to make our way back to the staging area, we found ourselves
in lots of hallways with doors with no handles. In our
confusion, we asked an employee of the Aladin (an employee
that may not have been on American soil for very many days)
how to get to the lobby. "This is the lobby" he said. "This
is the lobby."  Picture standing in your basement...it is
not the lobby. So, he led us down a series of halls and
opened doors. He was just as confused as we were. He had no
idea what lie beyond the the next 'handle on one side' door.
Finally, after going through a couple of offices and places
we were certainly not supposed to be, a door opens and we
are thrust into the center of activity in the real lobby of
the Aladin...folx who worked there lookin' at us like we
weren't supposed to be there...cuz we weren't.

we laffed...then, we ate ice cream.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98