[at-l] Hiker killed on Kennesaw Mountain in Georgia yesterday by Lightning

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/metro/0802/01lightning.html

This trail is about an hour southwest of Springer Mountain.  It's about
8 miles from my home and the lightning did just come out of no where and
put on quite a show for about an hour.  The first bolt was big, close,
and caught me quite off guard even inside my home.  Quite a few of us on
the list that live in the Northwest Atlanta/Marietta area use this trail
to keep in shape.

Dennis
Trailwind