[at-l] 2003 thru-hike

       Hello all,

       My name is Damian Sullivan, I have been following the posts on the
forum since I first started entertaining the idea of trying to thru-hike the
AT.
       I have been collecting gear and trying it out for the last few years
as well as putting away a few $'s in my piggy bank to ensure an enjoyable
trip this spring. I am finally getting close to being as ready as I ever will
be to hike the AT, and am excited to share the experience with others along
the way.
       In September I will be heading to California to do some more rigorous
hiking in the San Gabriel Mountains and Kings Canyon. I will also be doing
some bouldering at Joshua Tree and from there will fly out sometime in March
to finally set foot on the AT.
       I would like to thank everyone on the list for taking the time to
answer everyone's questions about gear and maps ect. This site is truly a
resource that I personally have taken full advantage of. I look forward to
making new friends and sharing new adventures with all of you that will be on
the trail this coming year.
       Anyone out there hiking in march feel free to email me, I would love
start chatting with other perspective thru-hikers before we meet on the trail
and possibly coordinate my departure date around a group of others at my
level of hiking.
       Thanks again to everyone out there posting and happy trails.

~~Damian~~

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---