[at-l] pitsburgh in sheandoahs - part 3

In a message dated 7/16/2002 7:21:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hike-usa@pocketmail.com writes:

> my favorite part of the day was when we were leaving stony man summit.  i
> said to sue that it was all downhill from there.  at pinnacles, she
> chastised me for lying to her.  she had believed me!  newbies, you gotta
> love 'em<g>...

Reminds me of a recent hike in Colorado.  As a family approached from the
opposite direction, a little girl, tired from the heat, trudged forward to
ask, "How long have you been hiking?"  Trying to be as helpful as I possibly
can, I replied, "Since I was a little boy, just about your age!"

A bit later, two adults inquired as to the remaining distance along the trail
to the lake from which I had just come.  I said, "It's about a 20 minute
walk.  But I gotta warn ya, I'm a CPA, and with all the scandals about my
profession nowadays, I'm not sure you should believe anything I say!"

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

multipart/alternative
  text/html