[at-l] FIRE SAFETY

Not to be rude but that is just wrong:
Ethanol, the main component of denatured alcohol is just not as
dangerous as gasoline/naptha which is Coleman Fuel. Looking at the MSDS'
and the heat of combustion you will find:

                                          Ethanol                Coleman
Fuel
Flash Point                          54 deg F               about -40 F
Lower Explosive Limit            4%                        less than 1%
Heat of Combustion            1400 KJ/Mol          6000 KJ/Mol

In all ways the Coleman fuel is more hazardous, it has a very low flash
point way below zero whereas alcohol is way above zero. It forms
explosive mixtures in the air at lower concentrations. And it gives off
four times as much heat when it burns. Common everyday experience should
tell you that an alcohol fire is usually easily extinguished and no big
deal whereas a gasoline fire is a major emergency. This is not to say
that alcohol flames are harmless but they just do not compare to gas.
Furthermore acording to your logic you'd have to store your booze supply
in a fireproof cabinet and we know that isn't the case, booze is just
ethanol after all.

Bryan