[at-l] (no subject)

FYI.  From today's SeattleTimes website:

Falling climbers a false report?
Full story: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134493645_dige15m.html

MOUNT RAINIER — Officials at Mount Rainier National Park have concluded that Saturday's report of six climbers falling on the mountain was "a case of mistaken identity."

The report led to a six-hour search Saturday, using climbing rangers, guides and an Army helicopter. But that search turned up no sign of stranded climbers, and yesterday there were no new indications that people were lost or hurt.

"As far as we can tell, all climbers are accounted for," said a park spokesman. "We think people saw some people sliding on the ice, on purpose, and then they disappeared out of their view. It happens. They disappeared, and everybody went into panic mode."

At about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a group of experienced climbers called 911 to report they had seen two roped groups of three climbers each fall near the mountain's 12,300-foot level.