[at-l] Question about new gear

I keep it on a shelf in my garage, over the workbench. I don't like to put
metal cans of anything on the floor or under a high humidity area - like
under a sink. I don't like keeping fuels anywhere near a pilot light - such
as hot water heaters, furnace or kitchen stove.

I tend to only keep clothing, first aid stuff, cooking gear and water gear
in my backpack between trips. I don't keep fuel in it. Part of that is due
to storing stuff in the same garage and having it nearby. I see a partially
loaded backpack as an emergency supply resource for storms, power outages
and the like.

I found your initial burn time on the Triangia interesting. Three cups is a
lot of water to heat, so 9 minutes isn't all that long. You might want to
experiment with the amount of fuel to start the boil, the height of the pot
from the stove (if possible) and other variables. Avoid the temptation to
refill the stove until it is dead cold. This is another reason to carry a
spare soda can stove for a backup.

OrangeBug