[at-l] Re: Mt Ranier Trouble

Kahley wrote on Saturday, July 13, 2002 7:07 PM

Am I wrong or do we have a lister who signed off to climb Ranier?
Just wondering because I heard there are some climbers in trouble.

I can't say for sure if someone from the list is there or not, but we
did just have Clark Wright return.  A couple of days ago he posted a
link to his pictures, and they were phenomenal.  I have attached his
original email below.  Could it have been Clark that you were thinking
of?

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Clark Wright
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 10:20 PM
To: ATListserv
Subject: [at-l] Mt. Rainier Hike/Climb - Pictures!

Thanks to Ryan's awesome work with restoring the backcountry.net site, I
have posted the pics from a recent little excursion up the snowy flanks
of Mt. Rainier . . . it was mindd-boggling to me how big that collection
of volcanic rock and snow is!  Did you know that last winter alone, they
got 800 inches (yes, that's 75 FEET!) of snow!?  Anyhow, it was at once
the most beautiful, dangerous and physically demanding thing I've ever
done.  Hope you enjoy the pics! :)

http://gallery.backcountry.net/album08?&page=1

thru-thinker

p.s.  I took advantage of the new "album nesting" feature, so these pics
are "nested" inside my much larger 2001 AT picture album, but the above
link should take you directly to page one of the Rainier pics . . .